Wednesday 30 January 2013

GO BIG!

I hope you liked my brief space wolf tangent off the history of my hobby last post? If not TUFF.

At Gw Manchester ,and those that have been there will know, is that 'BIG' is the order of the day. Big armies, big tables, big castles, generally big ideas and high aspirations.
Regardless of any perceived obstacle we went for it and the guys at the store still do! and it's this quality that is the next lesson.

The Manchester Warlord - Imperious Obliteratum



I DON'T CARE IF THERE ARE REASONS NOT TO!! - I will focus on the reasons to DO!
I DON'T CARE IF I DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS!! - I will LEARN THE METHODS and DEVELOP THE SKILLS!

Sitting back and making up excuses is just a waste of time and even worse is the term 'I wish I could do ...'
We never wished. instead;

We conceptualized
We Educated
We executed
Through this process we grew our staff, our store, our skills, our reputation,  most importantly our hobby.

The Manchester Imperator




As you can see from the Titans our work was Progressive. By that I mean we tried to better what we had done previously and in the case of the titans it was size what was to be upped. The warlord stands at about 4.5 feet and the Imperator a massive 8 feet!! We wanted the titans to be in the same scale that the epic titans and infantry are to each other and not settling for less. But remember thinking big can be applied to a standard instead of a size e.g a single miniature painted to your greatest abilities and beyond! (The beyond is the important bit btw)

A NMM chrome effect on the nightbringer.


Never had i tried the Chrome thing on a Mini before. I literally copied a picture of the Silver Surfer onto the Nightbringer from a poster I had pinned to the back of helms deep in the store. From this I Had stretched my skill level and skill repertoire  

There were other Projects that made really really fond memories at Gw;
The Lizrdman temple
The Necron board
HELMS DEEP TO SCALE! (this made No.2 in City Life Magazines top 5 things to see in Manchester. The No.1 spot going to Justin Timber lake)

Sadly I do not have pics of all the projects we worked on as a team so if any body else does, either from the store or from a games day event please can you share them below in the comments box?

Think BIG

Tommie

No comments:

Post a Comment